Tuning module for e-bikes / pedelecs with Bosch drive system from model year 2014.
Suitable for all Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line and Performance Line CX drives from model year 2014 to model year 2023 with the displays Purion, Intuvia, Kiox and Nyon. For Smartphone Hub and COBI.Bike, please see the information below.
Not compatible with Enviolo Automatiq.
This tuning is not compatible with the smart system BES3. It is best to use the following selection guide to choose the appropriate tuning:
The device is installed invisibly from the outside on the motor. The installation is done in 15 minutes with a little technical skill. No cables have to be damaged or modified, the module is simply plugged in and is immediately ready for operation. The module is absolutely waterproof, because the complete electronics is potted.
No PC or smartphone is required. All settings are made conveniently via the control buttons on the bike.
It is possible to set the speed limit, the downshift behavior and also the strength of the support via the display. In contrast to the almost complete elimination of speed limitation in other tuning modules, this module still allows a very sporty riding style with moderate battery consumption by slightly increasing the limit, e.g. to 32km/h. The very abrupt interruption of the motor support at the speed limit is much smoother due to the dynamic mode. Through the alternative mode it is possible in each support mode (TURBO, EMTB/SPORT, TOUR, ECO) to define the strength of the motor support yourself. You can even adjust the support depending on the speed. The original settings of the motor, however, always remain available and you can very easily switch between your self-defined levels and the original settings during the ride.
- Automatic initialisation, immediately ready for operation after installation.
- Tuning can be switched on or off via buttons on the control unit.
- After switching on, the speed limit can be freely set in the range 25 – 45km/h via the plus/minus keys. The last set value is saved.
- Tuning is always switched off after switching on the bike.
- Setting of a smoother “throttling behaviour” possible (dynamic mode). The otherwise very abrupt cut-off at the speed limit is thus significantly softened.
- New: Assistance levels can be individually configured (alternative mode). An individual configuration can be defined for each assistance level and called up very easily during the ride. (Function not available with Smartphone Hub and Cobi). Further Information you can find here: https://blog.volspeed.de/volspeed_bosch_v4-271/
- Individual activation code can be set (function not available with Smartphone Hub and Cobi).
- Correct display of speed, distance travelled and average speed at all times.
- Residual range calculation from current riding style with active tuning.
- Battery display in percent alternating with the remaining range when tuning is active. Interval: 4 seconds range, one second battery level (Intuvia and Purion only).
- Correct total kilometre reading of the bike even after removing the tuning module, as the kilometres in the motor control are corrected by the tuning module.
The tuning module is plugged into the connections of the drive unit. These are located under the left motor cover. Depending on the bike type you need different tools to remove this cover. Mostly you need an ISIS crank puller and a Torx key TX20.
Hints COBI.bike / SmartphoneHub
If you use the tuning together with a COBI.bike or SmartphoneHub, the operation changes. We have summarized the differences in the following instructions:
By the way, an individual activation code cannot be used when using COBI or SmartphoneHub!
We generally advise against software updates of the Bosch drive system after installation of a tuning module. It cannot be guaranteed that the tuning module will also be compatible with future software versions of the drive system.
An overview of the currently tested software versions can be found here:
- Housing dimensions: 37mm x 19mm x 9mm (1.46” x 0.75” x 0.36”)
- Cable length: Approx. 180mm (7.0”)
- Weight: 0.025kg (0.9oz)
- Power consumption: 0.1W
- Supply voltage: 5VDC
- WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE35476192